Flint Insurance, Simple
Flint Personal
Car Insurance
Home insurance
Flint Trades
Prestige Car Insurance
High Value Home Insurance
Flint Business
Motor Trade Insurance
HGV insurance
Flint Trades
Flint Trades
Employers Liability
Professional Indemnity
Customer Satisfaction In 2014 Flint Insurance surveyed existing customers to rate the overall standard of service they received from us, 98% of 3800 people surveyed rated Flint's services as extremely good.
It's nice to know we deliver a premium level of customer satisfaction to our clients, we work hard at Flint to make sure you get the insurance service you require for your everyday needs.
Insurance News

Insurance News, brought to you by Flint Insurance


Employer’s Liability Insurance – An outlining guidance

Published: 13/12/09

The employer’s liability insurance is compulsory and ensures that the employees are protected against workplace hazards owing to working conditions. If an employee is hurt or falls ill as a result of the firm’s environment, he or she has the right to demand compensation if they think that the employing body is responsible. The employer’s liability insurance applies to both conditions – one, in which the employee may be within business premises, and two, when the employee may outside business premises, but is hurt or ill owing to activities of business for the company. However, if the reason of illness or injury happens to be related to driving or roads, the employee may have coverage from some other insurance like a motor vehicles / road risk insurance.

Geographical placing of an employee

The employees may also be working abroad – i.e. not in the territories of England, Scotland, Wales or offshore firm premises. UK law does not require employees placed outside these regions to be covered by employee liability insurance. However, it may be that the government of the country of the employee’s residence requires the firm to protect its employees by some specified measure. On the other hand, employees based abroad need to be covered by your liability insurance policy if they spend more than 14 consecutive days in the UK.

The registered insurance seller

Insurance policies to protect your company against compensation for employee risks should be bought from authorised companies. The law requires the insurance seller is authorised and comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act, 2000. Moreover, the seller is required by law to be registered with the Financial Services Authority. It is imperative that you confirm the seller’s registration, without which your insurance is held invalid.

Policy conditions

Conditions mentioned in the policy wording are important. There are terms upon which you and the insurance seller agree ay the time of buying the insurance. The conditions mentioned in the policy mostly communicate specific activities and situations related to the business of your firm. It is important to see that the insurer is made to pay the ‘promised’ amounts without restriction. The insurance company requires you to have made sincere efforts to avoid conditions of hazard at the workplace. Providing the insurance seller with records of your firm is important. The sellers would want a clear picture and they can get it through approved information.

An operation that is not expected, or is considered to not be a part of conventional methods of work in the firm, can result in an accident. Usually, the insurance sellers do not consider this a valid condition for compensation. The policy wording usually mentions the range of activities as things that you are not expected to do. Reporting an incident that may force you to claim insurance is a task that needs to be carried out with minimum lapse in time. Estimating your losses should be carried out at a swift pace before you submit your claims to the insurer.

News Archive »

RSS News Feed
To subscribe to our RSS feed click here »

View the complete range of our Commercial Insurance products »

Call me backCall Me Back
To find out more about any Flint Insurance product, or to get a quote: Request a call back » One of our advisors will call you back at a time to suit you.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
Goods in Transit Lorry Insurance Fleet Insurance Commercial Insurance Buy to let Insurance Engineering insurance
Flint Insurance Sitemap Contact us Insurance News Company Vision Claims Renewals About us