Scaffolders Liability Insurance
Working at height to erect scaffolding poses significant risks to workers and others in the same environment, such as your clients and members of the public. The nature of the work creates additional risks for surrounding vehicles, buildings and other property. Specialist insurance is therefore required to make sure your business and employees are all fully protected.
Public Liability is there to protect you against claims made for personal injury and property damage from third parties. Employers’ Liability offers protection against legal and compensation claims made due to injury, disease or death made by employees and contractors whilst working for you. Employers’ Liability is a legal requirement and Public Liability an essential insurance for any business.
Irrespective of the size of your scaffolding operation Flint Insurance is able to provide the appropriate liability cover, with a range of optional extras all combined in a single policy to keep costs and administration to a minimum. We work with a range of quality commercial insurers to select the right policy with the best terms for you.
The limit of indemnity is the most that an insurer will pay on a single claim or in a year; classically these range from £1million up to £10 million, although it can be more for some high risk trades. Your Flint account handler will help you decide on the right level and range of cover for you.
- Public Liability – covering all your legal liabilities to others
- Employers Liability – covering all your legal liabilities to your employees
- Cover for scaffolding tubes, boards, clips and fittings
- Cover for equipment theft or damage whilst in transit
- Flexible height limits
- Hazardous locations
Your scaffolder’s insurance can be extended to include:
- Contract works
- Products’ Liability
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Material Damage and Theft cover for own plant, hired in plant and tools
- Employee’s tools cover
- Cover for own premises, stock and materials
- Legal Expenses
- Personal Accident to employees, directors and principals
As an insurance broker with over 30 years experience Flint works with market leading insurers to bring you the best possible choice of policy.