Bars, Pubs and Restaurants Insurance
Whether your business is a country pub, inner city wine bar, high street cafe or fine dining restaurant, Flint can customise the right insurance for your establishment. Having expertly handled insurance for this dynamic and varied sector over many years, we fully understand the particular insurance needs of all types of food and drink-based businesses.
Whether yours is a family owned business or a national chain, our commercial team are experts in building the right insurance to ensure that you and your business are properly protected. The peace of mind that comes with knowing we have you covered means that you can focus on the important business of your covers.
We understand that both cost and quality are important to your business. As insurance experts, we are proud to work with a wide range of insurance providers to secure the best possible products at the most favourable rates for you.
Ensuring your policy provides the right cover
The food and drink industry represents a huge range of business profiles. The insurance policy you select needs to be customised to your exact needs to ensure you have the right cover to keep you, your customers, your employees, your premises and your business safe and secure. We understand that selecting exactly the right insurance can be a complex and daunting task. Our specialist commercial advisors are on hand to guide you through each step and find an insurance policy and quote that is right for you and your business.
When considering the insurance needs for your bar, pub or restaurant, your Flint advisor will help you to assess which specialist aspects your policy needs to cover. A holistic consideration of your insurance needs will ensure that you have a comprehensive insurance product that is perfectly suited.
Key features that will be considered when finding the right insurance policy for your pub, bar or restaurant are:-
- Public Liability Insurance – cover for your liabilities to your customers. This will cover claims made by members of the public associated with your business, such as personal injury, illness or harm.
- Employers’ Liability Insurance – cover for your liabilities to your staff. This insurance is a legal requirement of any business with one or more employees. If an employee becomes ill or injured through the work they do for you, the compensation costs will be covered.
- Material Damage Insurance – cover for your property and/or stock and kitchen equipment, including fixtures and fittings and glass, against damage caused by unforeseen events, such as fire or flood.
- Business Equipment Insurance – cover for the cost of repairing or replacing equipment essential to the running of your business in the event of damage or theft.
- Stock Deterioration Insurance – cover for loss of stock caused by temperature changes in the event of cold storage space (freezer or refrigeration equipment) failure.
- Business Interruption or Business Income Insurance – cover for the loss of income if you are unable to trade following a disaster.
- Money Insurance – cover for your business money (including cash, cheques, postal orders, stamps, gift cards etc) against damage or loss whilst on your premises or in transit.
- Loss of licence Insurance – cover for the loss of profit or a reduction in the value of your premises or your business as a result of withdrawal or non-renewal of your licence.
- Protection for Outside Areas Insurance – cover for theft or damage of outside areas of your business and outside stock, such as furniture, outdoor heaters etc.