Bars, Pubs and Restaurants Insurance

Whether your business is a country pub, inner city wine bar, high street cafe or fine dining restaurant, Flint can customise the right insurance for your establishment. Having expertly handled insurance for this dynamic and varied sector over many years, we fully understand the particular insurance needs of all types of food and drink-based businesses.

Whether yours is a family owned business or a national chain, our commercial team are experts in building the right insurance to ensure that you and your business are properly protected. The peace of mind that comes with knowing we have you covered means that you can focus on the important business of your covers.

We understand that both cost and quality are important to your business. As insurance experts, we are proud to work with a wide range of insurance providers to secure the best possible products at the most favourable rates for you.

Ensuring your policy provides the right cover

The food and drink industry represents a huge range of business profiles. The insurance policy you select needs to be customised to your exact needs to ensure you have the right cover to keep you, your customers, your employees, your premises and your business safe and secure. We understand that selecting exactly the right insurance can be a complex and daunting task. Our specialist commercial advisors are on hand to guide you through each step and find an insurance policy and quote that is right for you and your business.

When considering the insurance needs for your bar, pub or restaurant, your Flint advisor will help you to assess which specialist aspects your policy needs to cover.  A holistic consideration of your insurance needs will ensure that you have a comprehensive insurance product that is perfectly suited.

Key features that will be considered when finding the right insurance policy for your pub, bar or restaurant are:-

  • Public Liability Insurance – cover for your liabilities to your customers.  This will cover claims made by members of the public associated with your business, such as personal injury, illness or harm.
  • Employers’ Liability Insurance – cover for your liabilities to your staff. This insurance is a legal requirement of any business with one or more employees. If an employee becomes ill or injured through the work they do for you, the compensation costs will be covered.
  • Material Damage Insurance – cover for your property and/or stock and kitchen equipment, including fixtures and fittings and glass, against damage caused by unforeseen events, such as fire or flood.
  • Business Equipment Insurance – cover for the cost of repairing or replacing equipment essential to the running of your business in the event of damage or theft.
  • Stock Deterioration Insurance – cover for loss of stock caused by temperature changes in the event of cold storage space (freezer or refrigeration equipment) failure.
  • Business Interruption or Business Income Insurance – cover for the loss of income if you are unable to trade following a disaster.
  • Money Insurance – cover for your business money (including cash, cheques, postal orders, stamps, gift cards etc) against damage or loss whilst on your premises or in transit.
  • Loss of licence Insurance – cover for the loss of profit or a reduction in the value of your premises or your business as a result of withdrawal or non-renewal of your licence.
  • Protection for Outside Areas Insurance – cover for theft or damage of outside areas of your business and outside stock, such as furniture, outdoor heaters etc.


Customer Satisfaction

Feefo logo

Rated our service ‘extremely good’

Why you should talk to Flint Insurance

Flint Insurance is a trusted, experienced independent insurance broker. As an insurance broker, we do not underwrite our own insurance products, but work with a panel of carefully selected, quality insurers to secure the best possible insurance policies for our clients.

There is no huge call centre or push to sell you a particular product, as you might experience by talking directly to some insurance companies. With Flint, you deal with an experienced insurance advisor who handles your risk and considers this against a wide range of options to find the best solution for you and your business.

Whether you are a sole trader or large corporation, Flint seeks to understand your unique business needs and make expert recommendations for your insurance cover. Experts in our field, we work with trusted insurers, keeping up-to-date across the market to secure comprehensive cover at the best rates.

Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Flint Insurance is proud to represent your business interests as our primary concern, finding you the best policy options and insurance quotes to suit your individual business. There will never be a cost to you or your business for our expert services, and we are able to secure you the most favourable insurance rates, based on established partnerships with major insurance firms.

Helping you find the right insurer

At Flint Insurance, we will interact on your behalf with a panel of highly established and secure industry leaders in insurance for bars, pubs and restaurants. By opening up access to this range of insurance firms, we give you the opportunity to find the insurers, policies and quotes to best fit your business’s specific needs.


Allianz Insurance logo Lloyd RSA insurance logo Pen underwriting logo Travelers insurance logo
Zurich Insurance logo Aviva Insurance Logo Axa insurance logo NIG insurance logo Ageas Insurance Logo Markel logo Hiscox Insurance logo
Feefo Reviews

Speak to our brokers today

Call us today and speak directly with a member of our specialist broker team. They will take a few details, speak to you about your situation before seeking quotes from a range of insurers on your behalf. The same broker will assess the quotes before recommending a policy to you that strikes the balance of cover and affordability.

Request a callback

    Within our office hours, we endeavour to contact you within 15 minutes of your requested time.

    Contact us

    Call us on 0800 021 4501 and one of our team will be more than happy to help.

    Make a claim

    Trust Flint

    Flint Insurance is an independent insurance broker who works with a panel of quality insurers to provide the best possible insurance policies for our clients. There’s no huge call centre – with Flint you deal with the person who is handling your risk. We only take your details to get you fantastic rates from quality insurers.

    Whether you’re a sole trader or large corporation Flint seeks to understand your business and make recommendations for cover. Experts in our field, we work with trusted insurers to compare the market for great cover at the best rate.


    Customer Satisfaction

    Feefo logo

    Rated our service ‘extremely good’

    How to minimise your insurance costs

    At Flint Insurance, we understand how important it is to balance costs to your business with protection for your business. That is why we make it our aim to help you to minimise your insurance costs, whilst ensuring you have the best cover for your business needs.

    As part of our Claims and Risk Management Service, our specialist advisors can help you to achieve this in a number of ways:

    • Understanding your business – as specialists in bar, pub and restaurant insurance, we are able to work with you to understand your business in minute detail. We will review past performance and historical claims to spot obvious trends. This enables us to make tailored recommendations for your insurance programme, ensuring that you are only paying for the cover that your business needs.
    • Helping you to understand your insurance – Your job is running a successful business within the bar, pub and restaurant industry, not being an insurance expert. By trusting in our expertise in the insurance sector, we will ensure that you have all the information you need to make the right decisions to protect your business. Your advisor will always provide you with clear explanations of your insurance contract and answer any questions you have, so that you understand exactly what is covered and how.
    • Risk management – Your advisor will be able to make suggestions for strategies or policies that you could put in place to help reduce or manage risks within your business. These might include workplace safety policies, disaster management strategy and Human Resources intervention.  The dual effect will be a reduction of risk to your business and therefore lower insurance premiums.
    • Claims management – by supporting you to limit or stop the need to make a claim against your business insurance, your risk profile drops, making it possible to secure the lowest possible insurance premiums for you.


    We understand that identifying and mitigating risk and claims can be a time consuming and daunting process for a business owner.  We are pleased to be able to offer our clients a Claims and Risk Management Services, and as part of which we can offer you:-

    • Insurance Risk Assessments
    • Risk Surveys
    • Claims Reviews
    • Property Valuations
    • Business Interruption Computation
    • Business Continuity and Disaster Recover Planning
    • Asset Registers, Stock and Plant Valuations

    If you do need to claim

    In the unfortunate event that you experience a loss to your business or have a claim made against your business, having the correct insurance cover in place from the outset enables our claims executives to negotiate the best possible settlement on your behalf.

    The Flint Claims Management service gives you the peace of mind that your business is supported by commercial claims experts who have the knowledge and experience gained from dealing with minimal losses to large catastrophes. Additionally, the understanding we have of your business helps us to better support you throughout a claims process. We work hard to ensure that any loss has as little impact on your business as possible, and that you can continue delivering a high quality service to your clients. Where a claim is necessary, we are always the advocate of our clients.

    Need to claim?

    Speak to our claims team

    Choose department

    Questions you might have

    You will likely have a number of questions about the policies we offer and protection they provide. We hope to have provided answers to your queries below. Please speak with us if you need further guidance or clarification.

    How do I buy bar, pub or restaurant insurance?

    Businesses within the restaurant, pub and bar sector vary widely. In order to select an insurance policy and quote that fits your needs, we need to speak with you to answer a range of important questions about you and your business. A member of our specialist commercial broker team will spend time talking to you to assess your unique insurance needs.

    You can contact us via telephone on 0800 021 4504 (9:00am to 6:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 9:00am to 5:30pm on Friday). Alternatively, fill out the form on this webpage and we will be pleased to call you back at a time that is convenient for you.

    How long are the insurance quotes valid for?

    The majority of insurance quotes from Flint are valid for 30 days. However, the validity period can vary across both insurers and quotes provided. We will confirm the validity period when we provide you with a quote.

    If you do not take up the quote within the validity period, a reassessment of your insurance needs will need to be carried out and a new quote established. This may differ from the original, depending on changes within the insurance market.

    When will the cover start?

    Once a specialist advisor has spoken with you and researched the best insurance quotes for your business, we will move quickly to confirm the insurance cover options. When we have mutually agreed the best policy for you, we will action the policy with the insurance firm and confirm the cover with you. Once we provide you with the confirmation, your business will have immediate insurance cover.

    Why do you need to know my annual turnover?

    The cost of insurance premiums can vary significantly. A major factor for the insurance firm providing cover is understanding the size of your business, its trading nature and the risks it faces. Before they can quote, the insurance underwriters will want to know your annual turnover, so it is worth gathering this information before you speak with us.

    When are my stock and contents insured?

    Most insurance policies will provide cover for stock and contents at the premises specified within your policy and documentation. Most insurers also offer ‘goods in transit’ cover as standard; this provides cover for stock collection and protection for business deliveries.

    If you need further items (such as business tablets or laptops) insuring when you are away from the specified premises, please ask us about this being added to your insurance quote when you speak with our specialist advisors.

    Do you cover loss of licence?

    Yes. Through our insurance partners we are able to offer ‘loss of licence’ cover. This will provide you with cover in the unfortunate event that your business licence is retracted through no fault of your own.

    If you would like to learn more about whether this cover would be right for your business, please mention it when you speak with our policy advisors. We will ensure we research policies that can provide the option of cover for loss of license.

    Can you cover personal contents?

    Yes. We can offer personal contents cover in addition to the business contents and stock insurance cover included within your insurance policy.

    Please ask us about this when you speak with our advisors, and we will assess what level of personal contents cover will suit you best.

    I also own the building the business trades from. Can you cover this as well?

    Yes. We can provide additional building insurance cover. Speak with us about this so that we can find you a comprehensive policy that covers the business risks and also the building itself.

    Do you offer price matching for cheaper quotes?

    If you already have a quote from another pub/bar/restaurant insurance provider, please share this with us and ask us for a competing quote. As an insurance broker, we are able to negotiate rates on your behalf from a wide panel of UK insurers, often at preferable rates. We will endeavour to find you the same policy cover for a lower price.

    Call us on 0800 021 4504

    9:00am to 6:30pm
    Mon – Thurs
    9:00am to 5:30pm