Business Contents Insurance
Buildings insurance protects the bricks and mortar of your business. In the event of damage to your building by fire, flood, burst pipes or storms, buildings insurance will help you quickly arrange repairs so that you can continue to trade. If you rent your premises this is usually the responsibility of your landlord.
Business contents insurance is there to protect your furnishings, fixtures and fittings, trade stock and glass against common risks. Even if you rent your business premises it’s important to have contents insurance, which can be bought as a standalone policy or combined with other commercial insurance.
Depending on what you do you might want to consider specialist shop, office, or restaurant insurance for example and your Flint commercial account handler can help you select the right type of policy, including correct sums insured to properly protect your enterprise.
Buildings and contents cover can also be purchased with a range of optional extras, usually all combined into the same convenient policy, to help save you time and money.
Your insurance is selected especially for you from a range of quality insurance providers, with the aims of securing the widest cover at the best rates.
- Replacement of broken glass, plus any boarding up costs
- Cover against accidental damage to underground cables and pipes that run from your building to the public mains
- Replacement locks if keys (including digital cards) are stolen – up to £50,000
- Protection against loss of metered water – up to £50,000
- Protection at your residence if you work from home, or at an employee’s residence if they work from home
- Cover for personal items belonging to employees or visitors
- Replacement of broken glass
- Cover for any damaged contents in windows, displays and sanitary ware
- Protection for trade stock and promotional merchandise
- An extra 20% uplift – for free – on the sum of the insurance you’ve told us you need to reduce the risk of a shortfall in cover.
- Electronic equipment insurance
- Money kept on the premises
- Theft by forced entry
- Business Interruption cover
The property could be residential, commercial or a combination of the two.
As well as standard tenancy agreements Flint can also cover multi-occupancy, student lets or local authority accommodation. We select the right cover for you from a range of specialist and quality insurers to ensure you always get the best deal.
When renting out a single dwelling, regular home insurance does not offer you sufficient cover, so speak to one of our experts who is ready to help you.