Directors and Officers Insurance
Directors’ and Officers’ liability insurance, whilst often overlooked, is an incredibly important cover for all types of business.
As a business director you have a personal responsibility for all your actions, including errors and omission and the decisions that you make. You can be personally liable for claims from employees, customers, members of the public, investors and regulators. Being sued as a director or officer of a company not only threatens your company’s financial position, but also your personal wealth.
- Harassment and discrimination claims
- Breach of legislation (Health & Safety, Data Protection, Companies Act etc.).
- Financial mismanagement claims
- Merger, partner or acquisition disputes
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Wide definition of insured persons
- Reimbursement cover for the company
- Legal defence costs, expenses and civil damages
- Investigation costs and expenses
- Criminal defence costs and expenses
- Cover available as standalone policy or combined with other business insurance
- Capacity up to £350M
This insurance therefore covers the payment of fines, compensation and legal expenses. What’s more it can be used to support the company if the insured event leads to imprisonment of a key staff member.
Small companies need this cover just as much as larger ones and premiums are rated accordingly.
At Flint we look at your business and compare this to what’s on offer from our trusted insurance panel. We will choose the combination of cover that suits you and your business best.
Allowing our expert commercial insurance brokers to consider your risks and circumstances and make recommendations is the best way to secure the most cost effective contract for you.
Experiencing an insured event and then making a claim is when you realise just how important your insurance cover really is.