Combined Liability Insurance
Public Liability and Employers’ Liability can be bought as stand-alone policies, but as essential insurance cover for every business, they are typically sold together.
Public Liability pays compensation claims and legal fees if an individual, such as a customer, contractor or member of the public is injured or their property damaged. Sums insured are usually up to £10 million.
Employers’ Liability insurance is there to cover your staff for loss or injury whilst at work. As an employer this insurance, with only minor exceptions*, is a legal requirement in the UK. It protects against the costs of defending claims or settling compensation payments.
- Up to £10 million protection for both EL and PL
- Criminal defence costs to up £100,000
- Sole traders/freelance workers up to large corporations
- Temporary staff only workers
- High risk trades
- Immediate cover
- Product Liability
- Tools and equipment
- Plant and machinery
- Personal accident for employees, directors and principals
*With the exception of the family business, where your staff are close relations.