Guidance for the reopening of UK businesses
July 3, 2020
What is happening?
As business owners prepare to reopen their businesses following the recent closures, it is vitally important that you follow a number of set criteria and guidelines in order to ensure that you are trading safely, legally and are considered ‘covid-ready’. This is to protect the interests of your staff, customers and anyone else that you may come into contact with.
What should they consider?
Our panel of insurers have provided a wealth of guidance and helpful links to the official government guidance.
Important points to consider are:
- Social distancing rules and how do you use outside space safely and in line with Health & Safety rules.
- Making sure your liability insurance covers allow for any changes you have made. Have your insurers been informed of anything that could be considered material to the risk?
- Flow of customers or staff through your premises for hygiene and not just fire safety. Do fire evacuation procedures need to be altered?
- Training of staff. Have staff been briefed about their return to the workplace including hygiene requirements, social distancing or any amended processes in place?
- Signage for customers and staff who you wish to comply with the new rules.
- Have your premises been checked following the prolonged closure to ensure that it is safe and secure?
- Communication is key to business understanding, staff and customers compliance with the new opening planned.
If you want more information
We would be happy to provide you with the guidance from your insurer all you need to do is contact us by email at Commercialbrokersupport@flintinsurance.co.uk